Cattedrale della Santissima Annunziata
The Church was built in the twelfth century on an area on the site of a Roman building. Almost completely destroyed by fire in 1190, it was completed in the fourteenth century and rebuilt several times. The Cathedral is located on top of a staircase, on the facade stands the impressive rose window, started in 1515 and completed between 1517 and 1523. The main entrance, with wooden pointed arches, is the work by Antonio Bencivenni 1521 and is It consists of four upper panels and six lower panels (added in 1639). To the right of the facade stands the bell tower of the thirteenth century, coeval to the apse. Inside, the plant is a Latin cross, divided into three naves with two rows of arches supported by columns with Corinthian capitals. The aisles are covered with wooden trusses, while the transept bu a cross vault. You can admire the baptismal font by Piero di Moricone (1507); a fresco by Ferraù Fenzoni (1596), depicting the "Last Judgement"; the wooden choir by Antonio Bencivenga and son, carried out between 1521 and 1530; a crucifix on the table of the thirteenth century and, in the Cesi Chapel, the frescoes by Faenzone of 1599. The crypt houses three sculptures by Giovanni Pisano and Rubeus.