Luogo - Religious building
CHIESA E CONVENTO DI SAN FRANCESCO
Where Largo San Francesco, Tagliacozzo (L'Aquila)
The church of San Francesco was accomplished in 1270. Despite several adjustments that followed one another in the centuries, it maintains its Medieval structure. The church consists of one single nave with three spans covered by ogival crosses. The area of the presbytery, raised as against the nave, consists of various rooms, which is quite unusual. The façade has an outstanding pointed portal and an elegant rose-window. The cloister is the only remaining part of the convent, founded at the beginning of the XIII century and destroyed by the devastating earthquake occurred in 1915.