Saint Bartholomew's Church is one of the most important monuments of Scicli, dating back to the early fifteenth century, survived in large part to the catastrophic earthquake of 1693. The impressive and dramatic statement was designed by Salvatore Alì in Baroque-Neoclassical style, although the theatrical impact in urban and natural remains loyal to the late Baroque. Neoclassical influence can be read in the presence of trabeated columns that ended with the dome crowning the facade. The interior has a nave, ending in a deep rectangular apse, with two chapels that are inserted symmetrically in the middle of the nave. The complex decorative stucco, partially golden run from the first half of the eighteenth century up to 1864, is one of the most successful examples of Sicilian Baroque. The frescoes on the ceiling depict scenes from the St. Bartholomew's life. Fine workmanship and very large altarpiece depicting the Saint Bartholomew's Martyrdom, bu Francesco Pascucci. Work of art of the highest quality is the wooden crib of 1573, by Neapolitan school, attributed to Pietro Padula.