Luogo - Castle
Rocca di Sassocorvaro
Where rocca, Sassocorvaro (Pesaro e Urbino)
Sassocorvaro Fortress, or Ubaldinesque Fortress, is a Renaissance fortification located in the center of the village, on a hill overlooking the valley of Foglia River. It was built around 1475 by Francesco di Giorgio Martini. During the Second World War, more than 10,000 art masterpieces were planned. The plant, arranged around a small inner courtyard, is distinguished by the turtle shape, zoomorphism that is associated with esoteric research of Francesco di Giorgio.