Via del Tribunale, 54, San Gemini, (Terni)
Guido Calori Museum The Museo dell’Opera di Guido Calori is located in the highest point of the historical centre of San Gemini, in Rione Rocca, inside the third cloister of the former Convent of the Poor Clares. The convent, an edifice that has been documented since the 16th century, was a shelter for the pilgrims setting off towards Rome. The not widely known figure of Guido Calori—a sculptor, painter, decorator, architect and writer about art—is properly appreciated: the display contributes to better know the figure of one of the most singular personalities in the contemporary Italian artistic panorama. The Museo dell’Opera di Guido Calori is dedicated to the multiform Roman artist (1885-1960), a lonely figure who always strenuously defended his expressive liberty and freedom of thought. The monastic complex, which was restored during the 1980s by the family of Massimo Calori, hosts bronze sculptures and paintings produced in the period that spans from the 1910s to the 1950s, as well as numerous sketches and instruments of work. Among the works exhibited there is the valuable bronze sculpture of Italica Gens, which was awarded on the occasion of the Biennale di Venezia in 1930. The premises also host the archive of the sculptor. During the course of his career, Guido Calori won four awards from the Academy of San Luca in Rome—two for sculpture and two for his writing on art—he was only 17 when he received the first one.