MUSEO STORICO DELLA MOTORIZZAZIONE MILITARE DELL'ESERCITO
Previously entered into exhibition spaces extremely limited, in 1991 it was moved to its current headquarters, after the recovery of the existing infrastructure in an area of about 50 thousand square meters, very articulate, with wide boulevards, vast green areas and volumes in the frame to "card", typical of the early century, once used for teaching activities of the School of Military Engines.
Overall there are more than three hundred units between cars and trucks civil and military veteran, sixty of tracked vehicles, armored vehicles and armor, and sixty vintage motorcycles. Among the six exhibition halls to highlight what is called the "Gold Medal Arturo merchants" which is centered on the direction, a library-archive and data sheets refer to many motor vehicles in reliance Army, from its origins to Nowadays, as well as photographic and documentary material, a large wall map showing the maneuver dynamics implemented by General Cadorna in Trentino, in the year 1916, characterized by the first massive use of motor transport.
In addition to some wagons to haul animal of 1914 and 1916, the Museum includes items of great value and historical importance, such as lorries Fiat 18 BL, 38 Fiat 15 Ter and Spa, as well as two light aircraft Piper L 18 and L 21 B, a Fiat 501 Torpedo, a wagon fast L3, a wagon and a wagon 15-42 M P 40, a very rare Lancia Astura Lince armored car in 1942, a lorry Spa Wherever 35, a Fiat 513 4 model 1910 used by King Vittorio Emanuele III for travel on the front of the 1st World War, and the famous ambulance from the movie "Farewell to Arms", Fiat Type 2 in 1910.
The location of the Cecchignola is located in the southern suburbs of Rome, a short distance from the EUR district, where you can visit the Museum of Roman Civilization, the Palace of the Civilization of Labor and the Church of Saints Peter and Paul.