In 1949 Lucio Ernesto Ricchieri gives his palace to the city of Pordenone, to turn it into a cultural center. After the restoration, made necessary by the poor condition of the building, is opened, in 1972, the Art Museum, the repository of many works destined to grow thanks to donations from collectors or the artists themselves. After being closed for refurbishment of a few years, in 1996, the palace Ricchieri is reopened to the public in a new guise, with a renewed layout of the exhibition rooms, which house the most significant works of art of the Museum: paintings on panel or canvas, drawings, paintings, carvings, furniture, jewelery and ceramics, made from the Middle Ages to the present day. On the public highway opens the entrance, the porch, which came in with the coaches, which also led to the inner courtyard of the building, where there were stables, utility rooms, warehouses. A wide stone staircase leads to the two upper floors, where the family lived. On each floor there is a large room, with windows on the street and the inner courtyard, used as a hall of honor and representation when receiving guests, and the rooms smaller side, used privately by the family. Going up the staircase itcan see, painted on the wall, the great emblem of Ricchieri, divided into four parts with two silver eagles and two garlands of flowers on a red background. The pictures below represent some of the most important figures of the family, who were leaders, politicians, merchants, men of Church.