Piazza Gian Battista Vico, 1, Perdifumo, (Salerno)
The Museum is located inside the Palazzo De Vargas in Vatolla, a district of Perdifumo, a small village in Cilento. The Palace, an old castle built to control the territory, was remodelled several times. It shows the traditional Cilento building with terraced courtyards. It hosted Gian Battista Vico for nine years (1686-1695), as a tutor to the sons of the then owner, Marchese Rocca. The restoration of the representative area of the Palace, which was acquired by the Vico Foundation, occurred in 1994, driven by the needs expressed by Elena Croce, daughter of the philosopher and the lawyer. G. Marotta, president of the Institute for Philosophical Studies in Naples. Their heartfelt appeal was raised by the lawyer. V. Pepe, who is now president of the Giambattista Vico Foundation supported by the President of the Province, A. Andria who began the difficult restoration completed by the National Park of Cilento and Vallo di Diano. The validity of the restoration carried out was supported by many authoritative testimonies, including the most rewarding part of the Prof. La Valva. Today the heart of the museum complex is the conference room where they hold meetings, seminars and conferences of great quality and appeal, including the prestigious Gian Battista Vico Prize.