Monumental complex built for Vittorio Amedeo II, and designed by Filippo Juvarra in 1729. Originally the hunting palace of the Savoy Dynasty, it later became the summer residence of the royal family. In 1739, Benedetto Alfieri designed two new lateral wings. The expansion continued in 1759 with the addition of the service wings. Farms and 18th century stables along the avenue connecting it to Turin preceded the Palace. It has its original furniture, made by the most important Piedmont¿s artists and craftsmen. It houses the Museum of Art and Furniture, where, besides the furniture of the Palace, there are items from other Savoy residences (Moncalieri and Venaria). There are also works from artists such as cabinet-maker Pietro Piffetti and wood sculptor Giuseppe Maria Bonzanino. The complex also includes a Natural Park instituted in 1992, and the gardens, behind the palace, whose construction started in 1740 by French gardener Michael Bernard.