Chiesa di Santa Pudenziana
St. Pudenziana's Church is one of the most characteristic examples of Romanesque style of southern Umbria. Located in the heart of the countryside of Narni, it was built with recycled materials (capitals, columns, tombstones and fragments of mosaic floor) from earlier Roman and early Christian structures. The date of construction, not documented, goes back to 998-1036 to abbot Peter and his nephew Adriano. The oldest sources of 1129, citing this church as Santa Maria di Visiano, only in a second moment it was dedicated to St. Pudenziana martyr. After a period of neglect, under Borgheria administration, it became abbey and later passed to State. It was Marquis Giovanni Eroli, former royal inspector of excavations and ancient monuments, to strive to ensure that the building was guarded by Town Hall. Outside is characterized by high bell tower that contrasts with small size of the church. The only access is placed between two columns, raised with a quadrangular stone stalls. Two small windows illuminate the aisles and a window opens on the tympanum, which has brick parameter. You can watch semi-circular apse profile interrupted by a small window in shape of Maltese cross. At the base of the building three windows carved light damage to the crypt beneath the altar. Interior is divided into three naves separated by travertine columns with composite capitals and modern covered by trusses. In the presbytery, the altar is placed in travertine crowned with ciborium. At the center of stone throne with arms lion heads surrounded by subsellium for monks. The floor is a composition of mosaics and ancient marble of various form and colors.