Luogo - Religious building
CHIESA DI SAN ROCCO
Where Montorio al Vomano (Teramo)
The parish church rises on the wide central square of the town. Looking at its façade it is easy to understand that it results from two separate buildings, of which the two adjacent façades are clearly recognizable. The union was carried out exactly in 1562, as attested in the frontal inscription on the left portal, in Renaissance style, surmounted by an architrave and a lunette. The entrance of the right façade, on the contrary, surmounted by a tympanum, was built in Baroque forms in 1633. The inside, Baroque as well, consists of a single wide nave with big wooden altars dated to the eighteenth century, adorned with valuable seventeenth and eighteenth-century canvases.