The Cathedral Museum houses a remarkable artistic heritage linked to the historical event of the Duomo and the figure of S. Gimignano, Protector of the city and consists of several paintings representing the Emilian school of painting between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, and a rich set of furnishings and liturgical equipments. In Lapidary are hosted reliefs, sculptures and inscriptions of Roman, medieval and Renaissance recovered during maintenance and restoration on the building of the cathedral in the nineteenth and twentieth century, or removed from their original location, or even come to light during interventions scavo. The tour begins with five paintings depicting the appearances of Christ painted by Bernardino Cervi, destroyed in 1621 for the Chapel of the Resurrection and a rich decor of seventeenth-century altar in silver, consisting of a cross and six candlesticks, which used supplied altar during the solemnities. Dedicated to San Geminiano, the second room contains a large image fourteenth embossed copper depicting the Patron of Modena and liturgical furnishings that the hagiographic tradition attributed to the saint, such as portable altar Romanesque and pastoral century. Complete the construction of the altar the rich endowment of Santo located in the crypt (candlesticks, vases door-palm, silver lamps) donated to the Cathedral of Modena and produced by the Community in 1833. The third and fourth rooms are devoted to the Treasure of the Cathedral, consisting of liturgical vestments, altar silverware and reliquaries. In the hall of the tapestries are placed specimens with the "Stories of Genesis", woven in Brussels around 1560-70. At the end of the visit, the permanent exhibition of the codes exposes rotating the precious rarity annex Chapter Archive. In the heritage of Lapidary predominate in importance and aesthetic quality of the "metopes" from Duomo, a magnificent series of eight large Romanesque sculptures characterized by unusual images of monsters and fantastic. Work of a follower of Wiligelmo, were originally placed on the heads of the arches of the nave. We also include marble of Roman variously reused during the construction of the cathedral, stone fragments from the buildings prior to the current cathedral, the Ark of San Geminiano, some reliefs and sculptures Romanesque products within the large workshop directed by Wiligelmo and other works of the Masters Campionesi.