Luogo - Historical building
Palazzo Campagna-Del Gaudio
Where Vicolo II Roma, 12, Mendicino (Cosenza)
Del Gaudio-Campagna Palce, located in ancient Pilacco district, dates back to 1774 (although some studies identify it as one of the oldest castles in Mendicino). Noble home of Del Gaudio family until 1809, then it passed to Campagna family, who restored it by adding arcades and loggias visible on the side. It is in a panoramic position overlooking a courtyard with a side porch stone. Made by tufa hand crafted by local stonemasons, it was subject to restoration and today is used as a venue for conferences and cultural events.