c
Architecture

Ponte Capodarso

Ponte Capodarso, Enna

Built in 1553 on Salso river by order of Charles V, to facilitate the transport between Val di Mazara and other two valleys, it remained unused until 1847-48 when, transformed by bridge one arch to bridge floor with three arches, it was adapted to allow passage of railroad Caltanissetta-Piazza Armerina. French painter Jean Houel made it a watercolor in the eighteenth century, as the Bridge was at the time considered one of the wonders of Sicily.

Potrebbero interessarti