Distinctive feature of the Square is Monument to troubadour poet Walther von der Vogelweide, erected in 1889, who Square is dedicated. Nearby are Duomo, Station, Palace of Post and Porches. Square was built in 1808 by King Maximilian of Bavaria. At first it was just a wide dirt surface around which grew many hotels, starting from Hotel Griffon-Greif, heir to ancient inn "Zum Schwarzen Greif" of the sixteenth century. Square became a meeting point for citizens and tourists discovered the beauty of a city that had preserved almost intact its Medieval structure.