Immagine c
Museum

Castello e Museo civico Barletta

Piazza Castello - Castello Svevo, Barletta, (Barletta-Andria-Trani)
The Museum was established in 1929. Located at first in the former sixteenth century Dominican convent, it is now located in the Svevo Castle, since 2003. The historical and artistic Museum, hosts a rich collection of archaeological finds, a series of paintings by local artists and subsequent donations including those of Giuseppe Gabbiani, Vincenzo De Stefano, Raffaele Girondi and Ferdinando Cafiero. The show floor includes a collection of paintings and sculptures from the Neapolitan school from the 600s to 900s, tables on sacred subjects from the 14th and 15th centuries, works by artists from central-northern Italy from the 19th and 20th centuries, objects from "donazione Cafiero” and Tuscan antiques which are divided into three sections:  Antique Gallery  The 800 century Gallery  The Ferdinando Cafiero Gallery The Museum also hosts sculptures and artefacts of great value such as a stone bust of Frederick II di Svevia, relics from the Italian unification, a flag from the 9th regiment of Garibaldi and a moneyer

Potrebbero interessarti