Point of interest

Torre Pelosa

Piazza della Torre, 21, Bari

In the district of Torre a Mare of Bari, in 1500, in order to defend the coast by pirates and marauders who infested Adriatic Sea, was built a watch tower, which still exists at the center of the main square. Since then, the town took the name of "Apellosa Tower" or "Lapillosa Tower", later transformed into "Pelosa Tower", that becames a small village of fishing that lived mostly in trulli and natural caves, repairing their boats in the harbor at the mouth of the landslide Giotta.

Potrebbero interessarti