The Provincial Art Gallery was established on 12th July 1928. The heritage was formed by the confluence of the core of paintings already stored in the Art Gallery adjacent to the Provincial Archaeological Museum built in 1875, from other paintings sold as a deposit from churches and convents from Puglia (particularly important; the deposit of the Archbishop of Bari), from works obtained on loan from the National Galleries of Naples and Rome and others purchased by the same Provincial Administration of Bari. Since its founding in 1936, the Art Gallery was housed in the Government Palace. From 1936 it was transferred to the Provincial Government Building, a building designed by the engineer Luigi Baffa, where it is now located. Since 2002 it has been named after the painter Corrado Giaquinto Pugliese, who was born in Molfetta in 1703 and died in Naples in 1766. The museum holds seven works.