Mentioned in a document of 1398, according to tradition, the Church is built on the site of the birthplace of St. Francis of Assisi. In 1610, at the behest of King Philip III of Spain, it was built to a design by Rufino from Cerchiara, a new Baroque Church instead of the Middle Ages. The Baroque facade is in brick and vertical pilasters with two empty niches side. It will open a portal frame with travertine and a rectangular window. The interior has a Greek cross, with a dome in the central compartment. The wall decoration is entirely pictorial: the central room is decorated with pilasters painted faux marble and four spandrels depicting the evangelists; transepts are seventeenth century paintings of monochromes depicting scenes from the life of St. Francis, on the main altar is a painting of the eighteenth century.