Museo Civico - Battistero di Albenga
The Civic Museum was established in 1933 and is headquartered in the Old Palace. In the Consuls Hall, at the ground floor of the fourteenth-century tower, are exhibited the testimonies of Albingaunum, Roman and Byzantine inscriptions, urns and other stone fragments including the recognition of Marinaces, the oldest of the monks of the Gallinaria monastery there remained the name. The loggia preserves the great fresco of the Crucifixion, by painter Canavesio; various Medieval inscriptions and Roman artifacts. From the Museum leads to the Baptistery (V century AD), the most important early Christian monuments of Liguria and northern Italy.