Cattedrale di San Lorenzo (Duoma di Alba)
St. Lowrence's Cathedral was built between 1486 and 1517 at the behest of the bishop Andrea Novelli. Ancient church, which already existed in the eleventh century, were kept the bell tower, the three portals, the porch of the facade and the cripta. Gothic building is characterized by red bricks of the wall face, the facade is decorated with four bas-reliefs depicting the symbols of the four evangelists (1878). To the left of the apse stands the bell tower dating from the thirteenth century and modified in 1477. The interior is marked by three naves covered with vaults and painted starry sky (1870) by Carlo Costa. Along the aisles there are six chapels. Raised in the main apse, there is Baroque altar (1712) by Giuseppe Gaggini with a piece dedicated to St. Lowrence (1766) by Claudio Francesco Beaumont. Among the most important works kept in the church, there is the tombstone of Bishop Andrea Novelli, work by sculptor Antonio Carloni. In the sacristy largest Baroque armed eighteenth and elegant polychrome bas-relief of Madonna and Child, St. John the Baptist and St. John the Apostle (1507).