Established in 1907 as a venue exhibition of paintings by Richard West, remained open to the public until 1935. During the Second World War, the Gallery was closed for reasons of preservation. In 1963 West, Kathleen's daughter, has donated it to the town of Alassio. On display are 76 works that West has painted during his stay in Alassio, between 1888 and 1905, depicting beautiful landscapes, views of the village and surrounding valleys. The Gallery is also home of the English Library, with 15.000 volumes (1850-1930).