Thun family ownership since 1454, whose coat of arms stands on the corners of the facade and portal, was radically renovated in the mid-sixteenth century. During Council of Trent it was home to Cardinals Ercole Gonzaga and Giovanni Morone. At that time the buildings Quetta, Thun and Geremia were joined by a wooden bridge that, in a second time, it was extended to Santa Maria Maggiore's Chirch. Essential restoration work, directed by architect Rodolfo Vantini, took place in 1831. In 1873 the building was purchased by City to become Town Hall. It is currently open only the inner courtyard, while Vantini's Chapel and Torre Mirana are opened only during exhibitions and events.