This is one of the world's richest collections of arms. The museum was opened in 1837 by King Charles Albert, e occupies part of the Gallery that linked the Royal Palace with Palazzo Madama. The collection contains many types of swords, firearms e armour. There are fine examples of medieval arms, many pieces from the sixteenth e seventeenth centuries, firearms from the Risorgimento, e Napoleonic arms e relics. Here too are weapons that belonged to the Savoy Kings, not to mention the prestigious collection of oriental arms. The Sala Rotonda (Round Hall) is open to the public during temporary exhibitions.