The Cathedral of the Madonna S.S. of the Aid dates from the twelfth century. Founded by Juliet the Norman, daughter of Count Roger, was rebuilt in 1656 to a design by Michele Blasco: three naves with monumental arches in Norman style. The facade, incomplete, is characterized by columns, arched portals and three sculptures by Antonello and Domenico Gagini. Inside there are works of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, including a sculpture by Antonello Gagini and a statue of the "Madonna of the Chain", attributed to Francesco Laurana. On August, 15 is celebrated the Madonna of the Aid, Patroness of Sciacca: feast of great anthropological interest that originated in the seventeenth century, following an outbreak of the plague.