Palazzo della Cancelleria
Together with Itria's Church and Cosentini Palce, the building is the most important Baroque complex of the city. Built by Nicastro family in the first half of the eighteenth century, Palace underwent noticeable changes: the tympanum bearing the date 1760 is not aligned and stylistic differences between the portal and the great tribune of the main facade are remarkable. Acquired by the City in the second half of the nineteenth century, the building became seat of the Chancellery Hall. The facade is characterized by two tall pilasters enclosing the large grandstand, most valuable feature of the building. The balcony is supported by five seventeenth century shelves that draw three large scrolls. The entrance is framed by pilasters with the faces of the cherubs and surmounted by a pediment; portal, later period, has lines projecting and two side columns. The front side, more homogeneous, is also bounded by pilasters and has two windows connected with balconies on the first floor.