Palazzo Comunale, designed by Bernardo Rossellino but altered in 1900, is characterized by the portico with three arches resting on columns of Ionic order. The facade, in travertine, is open at the top by four mullioned windows and has a clock tower built in brick, with long windows and crowned by a double order of merlons. Inside the portico, the facade displays graffiti and coats of arms of the various Podestàs who lived there, as well as those of Pope Pius II Piccolomini, of Province and Municipality of Pienza. On the left of the palace it is interesting to notice a small house of the 15th century. Inside, in Sala del Consiglio, there is a fresco by Sienese School of the '400 that depicts Madonna and Child and the Patrons of Pienza.