The Museum was born in the nineteenth century, as important tool for students of the Art Institute. In 1838, in fact, are purchased, through the legacy of Dr. Cesare Martelli, 42 paintings, including works by Antonio Campi, Gian Mauro Della Rovere, said "Fiamminghino", Miradori, Piola, Giovanni Andrea De Ferrari, Guidobono, Bonifacio dei Pitati, school of Altdorfer, Mattia Preti, Giuseppe Maria Crespi, Della Vecchia, Benedetti Luti, Mussi and Luigi Carlo Maria Viganoni. Legacy Martelli was followed by several other nuclei that have further increased the heritage of the museum with works such as the meeting of "Hector with Andromache" and "Hector scolds Paride", two of the best tests of youth Gaspare Landi in the guise of a painter "history", praise with a sonnet by Ippolito Pindemonte. Also of note was the table of the Circumcision signed by Perugino and dated 1498, the canvas of the Morazzone depicting scourged Jesus and "Education of the Virgin" refers to Roberto De Longe, as well as numerous paintings of the legacy Zanco: "Our Lady of Sorrows of Sweets", "The Outdoor Flowers" by Margherita Caffi and "The Roman Landscape" by J.P. Hackert. The Museum Gazzola is able to offer a rich selection of works representing the salient aspects of Piacenza painting between the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. It should note that the Museum has granted in temporary storage at the Civic Museum of Palazzo Farnese Armory, from the collection of Count Antonio Parma, two paintings by Lorenzo Toncini and Bernardino Pollinari and a marble bust of Elizabeth Farnese.