Chiostro di S. Giovanni degli Eremiti
With its red domes that rise into the sky of Palermo, the Church of St. John of the Hermits refers to the architectural style of the mosques. The origins of the building date back to the sixth century; after being converted into a mosque during the Arab domination, was led to its original cult by Roger II in 1136. A strong remodeling has interested the church during the 1880 by Giuseppe Patricolo.
The Cloister date back to the Norman period and it is strongly affected by the proximity of the Royal Palace, just a few meters away.