Historical building

Stazione di Palermo Centrale

Piazza Giulio Cesare, 46, Palermo

Built in 1885, it is among the oldest Italian stations. Its face is monumental testimony of the Eclectic architectural style typical of Palermo at the end of last century. Classical-Renaissance elements were reprocessed in interior decoration, in the wrought iron, in the cuts of the stones of Bagheria and Cinisi and in the furnishings of the state and waiting rooms. Palermo Central Station, designed by Di Giovanni, was opened June 7, 1886, decorated by Rocco Lentini.

Potrebbero interessarti