Parco della Reggia di Monza
It is among the greatest historical parks in Europe, the largest walled of Europe. With Royal Gardens, Park of Monza is a particularly complex landscape value, historical and architectural, included in the broader Regional Park of Lambro Valley. Since 1922 houses inside Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, one of the most important and prestigious race circuits in the world. Park was built by Eugene de Beauharnais, Napoleon's stepson, as a complement to Royal Villa built several decades earlier by Austrian Government. Architect Canonica worked out a complex project, which aims to standardize the architectures with Park itself, in an almost theatrical system. The work was continued by his successor Giacomo Tazzini, between 1818 and 1848. At the 1919 dates back the idea of transforming Park into a modern garden-city directly connected with Milan and equipped with state of the art sports and leisure facilities. In 1922 it was realized in record time Autodromo, entrusted to architect Alfredo Rosselli and engineer Piero Puricelli. Today Park is home to sports and cultural events and concerts.