Cattedrale dei Santi Pietro e Paolo
The presence of a first parish in Montescaglioso is documented since 1310. The Medieval building was replaced by the project of Agostino Gimma, which provides a three naves plant with great dome and apses. The building, completed in 1823, is imposing, with a bell tower of 44 meters high. The interior is in late Baroque style, very bright. The main altar of the eighteenth century, is placed on a raised presbytery and surrounded by a balustrade in polychrome marble, with the coat of arms of the Galante family. Among the works of the Church, four paintings attributed to Mattia Preti, several paintings signed by the Venetian painter Donadio, a group of holy water from Naples, an organ, and the baptismal font in red porphyry coming from the Abbey of St. Michael.