Piazza Santa Maria Maggiore, Lanciano, (Chieti)
The church shows traits of Burgundian and Cistercian architecture and reveals an interesting combination of central and longitudinal space. The original plan was made up of a nave and two aisles, which became four in the sixteenth century. At that time the façade was renewed and provided with its magnificent splayed portal adorned on the lunette with a sculpture. In the interior the most remarkable piece is a wooden triptych representing the Holy Mary, the Child and a Cross, carried out by Nicola from Guardiagrele and dated 1422.