Laino Castello Vecchio
With the name "Old Laino Castello" it is customary to indicate what today remains of the village built on the St. Theodore's Hill, that in 1960, due to hydrogeological problems was finally abandoned by the people, to reach out to the slow decline that today theIt returns as a "ghost town", a set of abandoned houses that blend with the nature that surrounds them. These few remains are dominated by the ruins of the Lombard Castle (Castrum Layni) that, after the Edict of Saint Cloud, in 1804, was used as a cemetery. To date, work is under way to recovery, safety and re-aimed the establishment of a "village-hotel".
* A. Calderazzi, R. Carafa (a cura di), La Calabria fortificata. Ricognizione e schedatura del territorio, Vibo Valentia, 1999
* G. Caterini, Laino, antichissima comunità calabrese, Cosenza, 1977