Località Morra, Città di Castello, (Perugia)
San Crescentino Oratory The Oratorio di San Crescentino is located in Morra, a locality a few kilometers from Città di Castello. Built in 1420 and enlarged in 1507, the Oratory was dedicated to the Roman soldier Crescentinus, a witness of the Christian faith in the High Tiber Valley and martyrized in 303 A.D. by order of the Emperor Diocletian. The inside of the Oratory has a single nave that preserves late Gothic frescoes related to the original structure in the sacristy and, along the walls, a decoration executed by the workshop of the painter from Cortona, Luca Signorelli (1450-1523). The scenes of the Flagellation and the Crucifixion are the only ones made by the hands of this artist.