Bitti (Sardinian: Vitzi) is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Nuoro in the Italian region Sardinia, located about 140 kilometres (87 mi) north of Cagliari and about 20 kilometres (12 mi) north of Nuoro.
Bitti borders the following municipalities: Alà dei Sardi, Buddusò, Lodè, Lula, Nule, Onanì, Orune, Osidda, Padru.
The commune takes its name from the Sardinian bitta (female deer). Already existing in Roman times, it is mentioned in 1170 as Bitthe. It was a provincial capital of the Giudicato of Gallura and, from the 14th century, was part of the Giudicato of Torres. It was later included in the marquisate of Orani.
Romanzesu nuraghe archaeological complex.
Church of Santu Jorgi (St. George).
Tenores de Bitti