Museo dell’arte ceramica
Opened in 2007, the Museum of Ceramics is located on the side of the Romanesque St. Thomas's Church. In the evocative atmosphere of the cloister are richest municipal collections and precious artifacts loaned by the Cassa di Risparmio Foundation of Ascoli Piceno and Matricardi family. The Museum is divided into five sections, which allow you to retrace the history of ceramic production in Ascoli Piceno, from the docks in archaic majolica dating from the fifteenth century to the nineteenth and twentieth century productions: vases, plates, urns, coffee, cups made from Paci (1808-1856), Matricardi (1920-1929) and Fame manufacturing. In the section devoted to the legacy of Antonio Ceci (Ascoli physician and collector), donated in 1920 to the City of Ascoli, they are preserved objects of factories of Deruta, Faenza, Montelupo, Savona and Genoa. Of great importance is the section devoted to the series of tiles painted by the greatest artists as Francesco and Carlo Antonio Grue, and Berardino Gentili, from the Convent of St. Angelo Magno. The Museum has a well equipped by laboratory with lathe and ovens.
Every day from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm