Chiesa di Santa Maria di Portonovo
St. Mary of Portonovo's Church of is a valuable example of Romanesque architecture in the Marche. Plunged in the Riviera del Conero, on the slopes of the same name Mount, it was built starting in 1034 by the Benedictines. Externally, it has elements of Lombard Romanesque style (pilasters and suspended arches), the interior combines the Greek cross with the Basilica of a church in "parallel chapels". The outer walls are in white Conero stone, while the interior floor, original, consists of a geometric pattern made with ocher stones and terracotta elements. The building, covered with elliptical dome is open to single and double Byzantine windows. On the altar is an icon by Gregory Maltzeff depicting "Our Lady of Vladimir" or "Mother of God of Tenderness" (1938).