Complesso del Valentianum - Museo d'Arte Sacra
The Monastery Complex now commonly called "Valentianum" was the farmer Dominican Convent of Monteleone, one of the most important settlements of the region. From the great Monastery, now remain visible only the great quadrangular cloister, some cells on the ground floor, the two staircases leading to the upper floor and part of the ancient St. Dominic's Church, used as an auditorium. The original structure dates back to 1455, but was rebuilt in 1543, at the behest of Ettore Pignatelli. In the new structure it was incorporated the small Saint Anthony's Church, then enlarged and dedicated to Saint Dominic. The Convent exercised great influence to the city until the first part to the eighteenth century, it was later re-used as a military hospital and orphanage. Today, the Sacred Art Museum housed inside, founded in 1988 at the behest of the archpriest Onofrio Brindisi, exhibits works from all vibonese parts, dated between the fifteenth and nineteenth century: bronze statues by Cosimo Fanzago, from Charterhouse of Serra San Bruno, and the two surviving statues of the "Gagini Triptych". Inside the rooms they are exposed some paintings attributed to local and Naples painters; old missals; vestments of excellent workmanship and many liturgical objects, among which the beautiful silver of the Neapolitan school, including the miter of St. Leoluca, by Matthias Condursi (1854).