Furnace of bricks was built between 1905 and 1907 by the will of the engineer Adone Aletti and and the entrepreneur of Cosenza, Luigi Palermo. From the technological point of view, it is one of the first examples in the region of the use of so-called "Oven Hoffmann". The production system so made it possible to optimize the timing of firing clay, using lower amounts of fuel and labor and making products more competitive. In the early decades of operation, the Furnace gave employment to about 150 people. Its story production ceased in 1987. Since then, in addition to the structural recovery that has meant in recent years for non-industrial purposes, the Furnace has just a symbolic, historical and architectural value.