Piazza S. Maria della Tomba, Sulmona, (L'Aquila)
Near the homonymous town gate there is the church of Santa Maria della Tomba, built in the XII century and restored several times. Its façade has the horizontal coping that is typical of the Romanic style in the Abruzzi and is divided in two parts by a cornice, which separates the portal from the rose-window, both dating to the fifteenth century. On the right side of the church there is the building of the ancient hospital. It was erected in 1424 and preserves the original façade with a mullioned window with two lights, while the belfry was added in 1579.