Pinacoteca Provinciale di Salerno
The gallery is housed in the historic Palazzo Pinto, aristocratic residence located in the old town of Salerno. Inaugurated in March 2001, in its current location, the Provincial Art Gallery begins to form between 1927 and 1938, thanks to the recovery, on the whole territory of Salerno, of works dating from the fifteenth to the eighteenth century, which over time has added other paintings through purchases or bequests, which joined the collection Pinto. Open to the public, there are works from the Renaissance to the early twentieth century. In the Renaissance valuable are the tables of Andrea Sabbatini from Salerno and the Master of the Coronation of Eboli. Of great interest are the seventeenth-century paintings by Giovanni Battista Caracciolo, Andrea De Lioni, Carlo Rosa. Of the eighteenth century are the paintings by Francesco Solimena and his Academy. Many of the paintings are by the artists so-called "Costaioli from Salerno", lived between the second half of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. A section is dedicated to the foreign artists, especially important in provinces like Salerno, Amalfi Coast and Cilento, that have been traveled during the Grand Tour, formed as a result of numerous donations by relatives or friends of the artists such as Stefan Andres, Kurt Craemer, Richard Dölker, Monica Hannasch, Irene Kowaliska, Bruno Marquardt, Vasili Necitailov, Lisel Oppel, Karli Sohn-Rethel, Michael Theile, Peter Willburger. The Art Gallery houses not only collection, exhibitions and events of national scope, but also international collections and works of art from private collections, which will be placed permanently with the expansion of premises of Palazzo Pinto.