The Cathedral of St. Peter the Apostle, located in the ancient town of Putignano, is one of the most important buildings of the city. Consecrated in 1158, the original building had a different orientation from the current one, whose appearance is the result of a modification dating back to 1474, under the domination of the Knights of Malta. The Romanesque facade, with rosette and carved portal is the work of Balì Carafa. In the same period the side altars and statues in polychrome marble of St. Peter and St. Sebastian, works of Stefano from Putignano. In a second step, the original furnishings were replaced Baroque decorations, including the "Chapel of the Crucifix". The high altar, in polychrome marble, was built by Giovanni Cimafonte. Interesting the "Chapel of the Nativity", with frescoes of the eighteenth century.