Chiesa di S. Maria La Greca
The Church of St. Mary the Greak owes its name to the icon in it preserved, a Byzantine painting depicting the Virgin Odegitria of the fifteenth century, came from Monopoli to escape the pirates. With the icon, was transferred here also a silver reliquary containing a fragment of the skull of Saint Stephen. Consecrated in 1522, the Church's facade is in late Baroque style. The portal consists of two Corinthian columns supporting a porch topped by a temple. The seventeenth-century bell tower was rebuilt in 1899. Inside, it can admire the marble altar with the statue of St. Stephen and the main altar surmounted by the "Big Chapel".