The Pietrasanta Theatre dates back to 1652, built on the area occupied by two salt warehouses. In 1779, the Academy of Aerostatic decided to build a theater that suit comedies and carnival. The new Theater, a plant horseshoe with three tiers of boxes, was inaugurated in 1784 and came in that form until the restructuring of 1937, when, on a design by Andrea Bibolotti, instead of the three orders was built a structure gallery on two levels, supported by columns. In 1960, the hall has become rectangular, was built a new gallery and the ceiling was covered with soundproof panels. Today the Theater is a medium-sized, able to host events of various kinds.