Teatro c
Theatre

Teatro Comunale

Piazza del Teatro, Pietrasanta, (Lucca)

The Pietrasanta Theatre dates back to 1652, built on the area occupied by two salt warehouses. In 1779, the Academy of Aerostatic decided to build a theater that suit comedies and carnival. The new Theater, a plant horseshoe with three tiers of boxes, was inaugurated in 1784 and came in that form until the restructuring of 1937, when, on a design by Andrea Bibolotti, instead of the three orders was built a structure gallery on two levels, supported by columns. In 1960, the hall has become rectangular, was built a new gallery and the ceiling was covered with soundproof panels. Today the Theater is a medium-sized, able to host events of various kinds.

Potrebbero interessarti