Park

Pineta Dannunziana

Via Luigi Antonelli, 1, Pescara

The Natural Reserve Pineta D'Annunzio (or "Park D'Avalos"), is located in the southern part of the city of Pescara. The current area occupies a portion of the vast territory that, over the centuries, stretched throughout the city. In 1528, Charles V granted the entire area corresponding to the present town of Pescara to Costanza D'Avalos, duchess of Francavilla, only since 1700 was resize the extension of the forest. During the nineteenth century, the pine forest was annexed to the maritime domain and the rest disappeared inexorably with the growth of cities. In 2001, the Abruzzo Region has established the current Natural Reserve, which covers an area of ​​53 hectares. The Pineta include some buildings of historical value, such as the former Aurum factory (a horseshoe-shaped structure designed by the architect Giovanni Michelucci, in 1939), as well as some elegant Art Nouveau villas. Moreover, in the Reserve, there are an auditorium and the "G. D'Annunzio" theater. From the point of view of the flora, it is very important the presence of a small lake.

Potrebbero interessarti