The building was built by Giovanni Gloria and designed by architect Antonio Cugini of Reggio. In 1751 it was inaugurated with a melodrama by Metastasio and was called "New Nobility Theater". In 1847 it was renovated by Antonio Monte, designed by Giuseppe Jappelli. In 1884 it was remodeled internally by the architect Achille Sfondrini: the vault, which is "Dance of Hours", was painted by Pietro Paoletti and later rebuilt by Giacomo House. Currently Theater is the headquarters of Teatro Stabile del Veneto and only seat of Academy of Dramatic Arts "Palcoscenico".