Basilica di Sant'Antonio di Padova
Known by Paduan simply as "Saint", it is one of the largest churches in the world and is annually visited by more than 6.5 million of pilgrims. It houses the relics of St. Anthony of Padua and his tomb. The square in front hosts equestrian monument to Gattamelata by Donatello. It is characterized by perfect harmonization of different styles: Romanesque facade, Gothic buttresses, domes in Byzantine style and twin bell towers recalling the minarets. On the front there are three bronze doors made following the design by Camillo Boito (1895). On the roof there are eight domes. The interior has Latin cross divided into three aisles by pillars. On top of the walls of the tunnels run. The presbytery is dominated main altar designed by Camillo Boito. Chapel of Relics (or Treasury) contains many relics, including St. Anthony's chin and tongue. The interior is in Baroque style, dominated by the marble group of St. 'Antony in Gloria by Filippo Parodi. The altar stands on a work by Titian Aspects platform (1607). The area of the central nave covers a large space, bordered by a series of pillars on the right and left, covered by numerous tombs dating mostly to the centuries XV- XVII and represent an interesting cross-section of civil and cultural life of the city and Republic of Venice in those centuries.