Specola di Padova o Torlonga (Osservatorio Astronomico)
Observatory of Padua is the seat of ancient astronomical observatory of University, placed on Torlonga, the larger of the two towers of Castle, built in the ninth century AC and linked to atrocious prison torture stories. In the second half of the fourteenth century Carraresi family, new lords of the city, built their castle on the ruins of the former. In 1777 Observatory was finally completedand, but became independent in 1994, as well as La Specola Museum. Observatory, with the acquisition of new spaces and the destination of the Tower entirely museum, preserves, restores and exhibits the observation tools used by astronomers during 250 years of history.